Now that you’ve decided who will be in your portraits and some ways you’d like them displayed, it’s time to start thinking about what everyone is going to wear. The clothing guide you’ve received will give you some great inspiration. CLICK HERE to download the Clothing Guide.
Our eye tends to look at whatever is brightest or stands out. Our goal is that attention goes to your faces and not what you’re wearing. With that in mind, we’ve found the following tips are helpful when picking out clothing.
- Working in color palettes keeps everyone looking unified, but still gives everyone the freedom to show off their personality
- Avoid large and bright patterns.
- Pay attention to details: white or bright socks, shoes, and accessories if you’re wearing dark clothes.
- Think about keeping clothing seasonally appropriate. (Flannels and sweaters may look nice, but in the middle of August, you’ll probably be warmer than comfortable.
- This also goes for wearing thinner and lighter clothes in winter).
- Most importantly, your clothing should make you feel amazing! Look for outfits that bring out your confidence and make you feel great.
While we welcome outfit changes, most families (especially ones with four or more people) find that they aren’t necessary. Extra outfits can take up time during your session, and make choosing your favorite images more difficult. You can also layer jackets or scarves to quickly change the look of your outfit.
Whether you keep it casual or want something more formal, the clothing you choose reflects who you are, right now, as a family.
If you have any questions, please message us HERE or give us a call at 406-256-5555.